A mattress is arguably one of the most important parts of life. You spend one-third of your life sleeping, so one of the ways you can keep your mattress taking care of you and your sleeping needs, is to make sure that you’re taking care of it too!
Here are some of the do and don’t of caring for a mattress:
- Your mattress is not a trampoline! You should not under any circumstances jump on the mattress. It will damage the springs, and a damaged spring can cause you to wake up with aches, or even to not sleep as well at night.
- Always use a mattress protector on a mattress. Keep your mattress dry and clean. We all tend to sweat when we are asleep. However, you can keep your mattress nice and clean by using a waterproof mattress protector. Abused and unhygienic mattresses may not be covered under warranty.
- You should never fold an innerspring mattress. It will damage the wire on the edge of the mattress.
- We fit handles on some of the mattresses. Handles are not there for lifting or carrying. Use the handles to position your mattress on a bed or an ensemble base.
- Always put a mattress on a sturdy bed frame or an ensemble bed. Avoid putting your mattress on the floor.
- Rotating and flipping your mattress will make your mattress last a longer. Pillow top mattress are generally one sided so you can only rotate head to toe. Non pillow top mattresses are mainly double sided so you can flip and rotate them.